Board Member Opportunities
The Windsor Optimist Youth Band (WOYB) is a marching and concert band that has been entertaining communities, locally and across Canada and the US, since 1966. WOYB is a non-profit, charitable organization that depends on its volunteers to help keep things running. We are on the lookout for enthusiastic helping hands to aid in ensuring the smooth operation of this dynamic youth concert and marching band. If you are someone who likes meeting new people and learning new skills, volunteering with WOYB would be a great fit for you.
JOIN OUR BOARD!
Our Board of Directors is looking for dynamic and skilled individuals to consider a position on our Board.
Positions Available: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Directors
A Board Member shall:
- Actively participate in WOYB financial and budget decisions
- Assist with fundraising including grant and funding opportunities, seeking sponsorships for events
- Attend and assist at Windsor Optimist Youth Band fundraising events
Advocacy and Personal Involvement
A Board Member shall:
- Commit to serve on the Windsor Optimist Youth Band Board/Committee for a minimum of one (1) year
- Abide by and support the decisions of the board. (In instances where the board member strongly opposes the decision of the board, the member may wish to formally register his or her opposition, but the obligation to support the decision outside the board meeting remains the same.)
- Complete any tasks or assignments accepted at board meetings or from the Chair, at the board’s request.
- Be willing to offer a minimum of six (6) volunteer hours per month to WOYB.
- Participate actively in board meetings by asking questions to clarify issues; by expressing their views; by listening to and considering the views of others, and by taking part in decision making.
- Attend all board meetings and RSVP by the day prior to the meeting if unable to attend (3 consecutive meetings missed may result in loss of board membership).
- Know the WOYB Board’s legal responsibilities and make sure they are upheld – WOYB in an incorporated body, is a registered charity and carries Directors and Officers Liability Insurance.
- Keep board discussions confidential.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, describing your expertise and interests you have to offer in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.